For assistance during the 2016 season, the Festival
Directors gratefully acknowledge:
- Sherman Library & Gardens (Paul Wormser, Library Director; Scott LaFleur, Garden Director), Saint Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church (The Very Rev’d Canon Peter D. Haynes, Rector; Dr. Ray Urwin, Minister of Music),and St. Mark Presbyterian Church (The Rev. D. Mark Davis, Pastor; Richard Messenger, Director of Music) for hosting our concerts.
grants in support of our 36th
season, the Colburn Foundation, the Ann and Gordon Getty Foundation, the Boeing Company, the Arts Commission of the City of Newport Beach, and the PIMCO Foundation.
- David William Freely and Roger Douglas Freely for underwriting all our pre-concert brass performances in memory of their father, William
B. “Skip” Freely.
- Paul & Carol Levin for the use of their splendid Dowd
harpsichord, and for recording our events; and Ian Pritchard for use of his Earl Russell copy of the Colmar Ruckers harpsichord.
- Virginia Cassara & Tim Hunter, Terrell & Deborah Koken, Ralph & Trisha Smith, Dr. Susan L. Powers, and Dr. Vina Spiehler for
providing artist accommodations.
- Ralph & Trisha Smith for supporting our KUSC partnership.
- Wayne & Ruth Norman for sponsoring the performance of Janet Worsley Strauss, violin.
- For sponsoring our wines and waters receptions: Dave & Penha Brevig (June 19), Katie & Philip Friedel (June 20), Mary Kryder (June 22), Judy McKay (June 24), and Bradley Davis & Duke Funderburke (June 26).
- Pacific Symphony for the loan of music stands and related performance equipment.
- Starbucks, Corona del Mar, for providing coffee; Bristol Farms, California Pizza Kitchen and Whole Foods, Newport Beach, for artists’ rehearsal meals.
- Alfredo Muñoz, stage manager, assisted by members of Phi Mu Alpha, Omicron Pi Chapter (California State University, Fullerton) for stage managing, ushering and other
event facilitation; and Tina McKinley, Gordon Smith, Jacques Vanders and Jim & Mary White for ushering.
- Wayne Norman for developing and maintaining our Facebook page, curated by Dr. Vina Spiehler.
- Rob Norquist of First Team Estates for providing Board meeting space; Debbie Gonzalez and Paula Korn for marketing assistance; Carol Knox for database support.
- Dorothy Boesch, Patricia Bril, Virginia Cassara, Steven Dember, Heather Goss, Dagmar M. Rios and Dr. Vina Spiehler for advertising liaison.
- Dr. Burton Karson, our founder, for his continuing inspiration, support and guidance.
- Advertisers, whose advertisements
appear in the printed Festival Program distributed at all concerts,
and our Festival Supporters, without
whose generous financial assistance our annual Festival would