For assistance during the 2014 season, the Festival
Directors gratefully acknowledge:
- Sherman Library & Gardens (Paul Wormser, Library Director; Scott LaFleur, Garden Director), Saint Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church (The Very Rev’d Canon Peter D. Haynes, Rector; Dr. Ray Urwin, Minister of Music), Newport Harbor Lutheran Church (The Rev. Bradley Stienstra, Pastor; The Rev’d William Wells, Minister of Music) and St. Mark Presbyterian Church (The Rev. D. Mark Davis, Pastor; Richard Messenger, Director of Music) for hosting our concerts.
- The Arts Commission of the City of Newport Beach for
generous support through a financial grant in support of our 34th
B. “Skip” Freely for underwriting all our pre-concert brass performances.
- Paul & Carol Levin for the use of their splendid Dowd
harpsichord, and for recording our events.
- Virginia Cassara & Tim Hunter, Doreen Hamburger, Alice Remer, and Ralph & Trisha Smith for
providing artist accommodations.
- Dr. Vina Spiehler for underwriting our fundraising events.
- Ralph & Trisha Smith for supporting our KUSC partnership.
- Bill & Suzanne Wyrick for allowing us to present our Fall Insider Preview at the Jasmine Creek Community Clubhouse.
- For sponsoring our wines and waters receptions: Duke Funderburke & Bradley B. Davis (June 22); Judith Chodil (June 23); Virginia Cassara & Tim Hunter (June 27).
- For sponsoring orchestra musicians: Philip & Katie Friedel for Michael DuPree and Lot Demeyer, oboe; Dr. Terri Munroe for Adriana Zoppo, viola, and Gabriel Golden, violone; Max & Marilyn Wolfsberg for Timothy Howard, harpsichord.
- Trader Joe’s, Crystal Cove, and Peet’s
Coffee & Tea, Corona del Mar Plaza, for providing
water and coffee at our events; and California Pizza Kitchen, of Fashion Island, for rehearsal meals for artists.
- Will Pruett, stage manager, assisted by members of Phi Mu Alpha, Omicron Pi Chapter (California State University, Fullerton) for ushering and other
event facilitation; and Mary & Jim White for ushering.
- Carol Knox for providing database support.
- Dorothy Boesch, Patricia Bril, Virginia Cassara, Heather Goss, Dagmar Rios, Dr. Vina Spiehler
and Joyce Winter for advertising liaison.
- Dr. Burton Karson, our Artistic Director Emeritus, for his continuing inspiration, support and guidance.
- Advertisers, whose advertisements
appear in the printed Festival Program distributed at all concerts,
and our Festival Supporters, without
whose generous financial assistance our annual Festival would